20 African proverbs that will make you laugh to death – As thought-provoking as African proverbs are, one cannot deny the fact that they sometimes make us laugh our hearts out. African proverbs continue to be that emblem of culture which succinctly defines the principles and belief systems of societies.
In this write up, we bring you a wide collection of some interesting proverbs that will get you thinking twice!
1. He who has diarrhea knows the direction of the door without being told – Uganda
2. Anger, no matter how hot it is, can never cook a yam – Nigeria
3. It is okay for a child to play with the mother’s oranges, but not the father’s testicles – Guinea
4. Men would not tell lies if women asked less questions – Unknown Africa Origin
5. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers -Uganda
6. It’s the fear of what tomorrow may bring that makes the tortoise carry its house along wherever it goes – Nigeria
Read Also: Africa: A Case of Flogging Dead Horses?
7. Human excreta will always smell no matter how small – Gambia
8. The little opportunity given to a monkey to wear cloths does not guarantee it to join the dinning table – Unknown Africa Origin
9. A man who counts his money after withdrawing from the ATM has trust issues – Unknown Africa Origin
10. Drinking Gari doesn’t mean you’re poor but allowing it to swell before drinking is poverty! – Ghana
11. When a girl has beauty without brains the private parts suffer the most – Unknown Africa Origin
12. The backside are like a married couple, though there is constant friction between them, they will still love and live together –Unknown Africa Origin
13. A short man is not a boy – Nigeria
14. The frown on the face of the goat will not stop it from being taken to the market – Nigeria
15. Without fools there would be no wisdom – Unknown Africa Origin
16. No matter how far you urinate, the last drop always falls at your feet – Unknown Africa Origin
17. Because the sun is too hot does no mean the fowl will lay boiled eggs – Nigeria
18. The okro plant never grows taller than the owner – Unknown Africa Origin
19. Whoever tells the truth is chased out of nine villages –Kenya