Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo tops the list for the second year in a row, taking in an impressive $93 million in salary and endorsements.
Basketball was the most well-represented sport on the list, taking 32 of the top 100 spots, with LeBron James coming in at number two overall while reportedly earning $31.2 million in salary and $55 million in endorsements.
Andrew Luck is the highest ranking of the 15 football players listed, tied for the sixth spot overall with Rory McIlroy after earning $50 million over the past 12 months. Luck’s total was bolstered by the $32 million dollar signing bonus he received from the Colts last summer.
Serena Williams was the only woman to make the ranking, placing 51st after earning a combined $27 million in winnings and endorsements.
You can see the top 20 listed below, and check out the list in its entirety here.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (soccer) — $93 million
- LeBron James (basketball) — $86.2 million
- Lionel Messi (soccer) — $80 million
- Roger Federer (tennis) — $64 million
- Kevin Durant (basketball) — $60.6 million
- Andrew Luck (football) — $50 million
- Rory McIlroy (golf) — $50 million
- Stephen Curry (basketball) — $47.3 million
- James Harden (basketball) — $46.6 million
- Lewis Hamilton (auto racing) — $46 million
- Drew Brees (football) — $45.3 million
- Phil Mickelson (golf) — $43.5 million
- Russell Westbrook (basketball) — $38.6 million
- Sebastian Vettel (auto racing) — $38.5 million
- Damian Lillard (basketball) — $38.4 million
- Novak Djokovic (tennis) — $37.6 million
- Tiger Woods (golf) — $37.1 million
- Neymar (soccer) — $37 million
- Dwyane Wade (basketball) — $36.2 million
- Fernando Alonso (auto racing) — $36 million