Finnish Government Scholarship Pool Programme 2019-2020. Applications are open for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool Programme 2019-2020 for Doctoral Studies/Research. The Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) offers a number of scholarship programmes for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities.
The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme can be applied for a study/research period of 3-9 months, 9 months being the maximum time for an individual applicant.
Finnish Government Scholarship Pool Programme 2019-2020
Finnish Government Scholarship
- The scholarship includes a monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only;
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by the programme. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
Finnish Government Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants should have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying;
- Have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
- Have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying;
- Intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies;
- Not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland;
- Be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research;
- Be a national of one of the eligible countries
- The scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the following countries: Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Peru, Republic of Korea, Republic of Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA
Documents required for an application:
- a completed and signed application form
- curriculum vitae
- copies of latest diplomas
- two letters of recommendation
- study/research plan (2-5 pages, including a statement of motivation, goals, work plan, work method, expected results)
- invitation/expression of interest and motivation for cooperation from the hosting academic supervisor in Finland
- language certificate (Finnish, Swedish or English) or other indication of sufficient language skills – please see above, in the section ‘Eligibility criteria’
Applicants from USA: please refer to the “Fulbright-EDUFI Fellowship” instructions & application form on the Fulbright Online website.
Applicants from other participating countries: you can download the 2019-2020 application form here.
For more information, visit Finnish Government Scholarship.