How To “Move” To Transfer Money Between Mobile Wallets In Ghana. A company that is silently making waves in the mobile financial services sector in Ghana has taken the bold step by coming out with a solution that every mobile money user would be dying to have, i.e. the ability to transfer money between the various mobile money operators (MMO) in the country.
How To “Move” To Transfer Money Between Mobile Wallets In Ghana
What it simply means is that you can “Move” – and by the way, that is the name of the service – money from one MMO to another, e.g., transfer money from MTN Mobile Money wallet to an Airtel Money wallet or a Tigo Cash wallet. The good thing about it is that you don’t need a special application to access the service, it can be accessed on any mobile phone through the use of an Unstructured Supplementary Service Code (USSD) service shortcode, i.e. by dialling *718*2# on the mobile phone.
- Just dial *718*2# and follow the prompts
Things To Look Out For Before Using The Service
- How much does it cost to transfer money between wallets? Is it cheaper than the alternatives currently available using the electronic voucher system?
- Will the charges that apply be shown to you before transferring the money?
- If a transfer was not successful, but money has been taken from the sender’s wallet:
- Who do you complain to?
- How long should you expect for the refund of the money? This should be explicitly stated in the Terms & Conditions of the service.
“Move” is a much-welcomed service in the mobile money space and will go a long way to add a nice convenience in moving money between mobile wallets provided by different operators.