Public-Private Partnership Opportunity at KNUST. Public-Private Partnership Opportunity at KNUST: Opportunities are open for Public-Private Partnership at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) 2018.
PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY AT THE KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KNUST, KUMASI
Advertisement of Expression of Interest to Manage KNUST’s Institute of Distance Learning Hospitality Facility- Moree Campus, Cape Coast, Central Region
As part of the efforts at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of academic service delivery at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, KNUST, the University in keeping with its Strategic Plan – 2K25, is desirous of outsourcing one of its campuses, MOREE – Cape Coast City Campus in the Central Region. The collaboration, seeks to provide the state of the art and improved academic service delivery and opportunities to its staff, students, and the MOREE Community, as well as the promotion of vigorous internally generated resources for the University’s work.
The University, as part of its stated objective to providing greater access to Science and Technology education and training to workers for National Development, through its Institute of Distance Learning (IDL), established the KNUST-Moree Campus at Cape-Coast in the Central Region in 2016.
The KNUST MOREE Campus has the following facilities:
- Lecture Theatres;
- Recreational Area along the Beach;
- Chalets and Executive Lodges;
- Kitchen, Bars and Restaurant; and
- Conference Rooms.
KNUST intends to engage an individual, a party, an organisation or a firm through a proposal in respect of the Management of the KNUST-Moree Campus at Cape Coast in the Central Region.
THE SCOPE OF SERVICES THROUGH THE PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP
- Management of the academic service delivery effectively and efficiently;
- Management of the existing infrastructural facilities by ensuring regular maintenance routine;
- Provision of security services to all facilities, human beings, vehicles and equipment;
- The Manager, as the Concessionaire/Developer for the KNUST-
- MOREE Campus, should be in charge of all aspects of the business operations including providing the necessary debt financing on terms and conditions which shall be acceptable to KNUST.
- The Manager, as the Concessionaire/Developer shall develop and implement a business plan for the project, subject to the approval of KNUST and the cost shall be included in the Project Budget; and
- The Manager, as the Concessionaire/Developer shall be responsible for “plant and design – build” in respect of the following new projects based on the terms and conditions to be agreed on with KNUST under the Design and Construction Contract(s):
- Road Network from KNUST- MOREE Campus to MOREE Township;
- Develop blocks of flats on the University Land for various categories of staff of the University;
- Develop a Central Cafeteria for the purposes of providing healthy, accessible and affordable meal option to students and staff of the university;
- Provide a Public Transport System to commute students and staff to and from campus and MOREE township;
- Provide Health Care Centre to offer Medical and other services to the University and outlying communities in the Cape Coast Metropolis; and
- Develop entertainment facilities for sports and exercises for students and staff.
An eligible applicant shall possess and provide evidence of the following documents:
- A Certificate of Incorporation (Renewal Mandate required);
- Certificates to Commence Business;
- A Valid Tax Clearance Certificate; and
- A Valid SSNIT Clearance Certificate; and
- A VAT Registration Certificate.
All interested applicants are required to do their own feasibility studies on the KNUST-MOREE Campus project at no cost to the University and submit the report to University as part of the “Expression of Interest”, in addition to their detailed profiles and capabilities statements, on or before 31st August, 2018.
The Tendering shall be conducted through the Procedure to Procure Consultants, as specified in the Public Procurement Act, 2003, Act 663 as amended and the Guidelines of the Public Procurement Authority (PPA) of the Republic of Ghana.
KNUST invites all parties, individuals, firms, banks, and other organisations that are eligible and interested in this collaboration to “Express Their Interests” through writing to the following address:
“The Director of Procurement
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
All sealed “Expression of Interest” shall be delivered to the Tender Box at the above-mentioned address on or before 10:00 AM, FRIDAY 31st August, 2018.
Any “Expression of Interest” submitted late shall be rejected. Short-listed firms shall be invited to pick up the Request for Proposals (RFP’s) documents to participate for the next stage of the process.