World Bank International Finance Corporation (IFC) Young Professionals Program 2019. Applications for the IFC Young Professionals Program 2019 are now open. The International Finance Corporation (IFC)’s Young Professionals Program is a unique opportunity to launch your career as a global investment professional helping to build the private sector in developing countries.
You will join as an Associate in the Investment, Advisory or Treasury streams and will be based in Washington DC for at least one year. You will build your expertise through engagements in different countries, close to IFC’s clients. The program is open to final year students working toward an advanced degree such as an MBA, JD, other relevant Masters degrees or recent graduates.
World Bank International Finance Corporation (IFC) Young Professionals Program 2019
- 3-year program with 2 to 3 rotational assignments either in a regional hub or a different industry department or in another World Bank Group institution
- Participating units include Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; TMT, Venture Capital & Funds; Public Private Partnership; and Treasury and Syndications
- Leadership exposure and development that provides strong opportunities for growth
- Active coaching throughout the program
You will participate in a 2-week on-boarding program, where you will learn about the World Bank Group in general and specifically about IFC products and operations. You will also interact with Senior Management and other staff. In addition, you will be enrolled in a 4-week residential Investment & Credit training course, where you will be introduced to IFC’s investment and credit culture and investment process.
The Investment & Credit training course is a series of training courses that form building blocks to support your career progression as an investment professionals at IFC. World Bank International Finance Corporation (IFC) Young Professionals Program 2019
You will also have an opportunity to interact with other Word Bank Group (WBG) Young Professionals, which will enable you to forge career long networks across the WBG institutions and gain a greater understanding of each institutions products and operations.
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies or projects to identify opportunities, address risks, and recommend investment options
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new transactions and develop innovative and appropriate financial structures
- Supervise project implementation, including disbursements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to our clients’ businesses and achieve sustainable development impact
IFC Young Professionals Program Eligibility
- The program is open to current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar programs with strong financial skills.
- You should be able to demonstrate a track record of success in your prior work experience and have a strong interest in working in Emerging Markets.
- The AIO’s should have 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, management consulting or Treasury).
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar program
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends, sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) is a plus
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
How to Apply for IFC Young Professionals Program
For more information, visit IFC Young Professionals Program.